Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The soon to be All-New-And-Fantisically-Awesome One

Loads has been happening in life! After much ranting, Gym has been joined! Very convenient location, almost easy on the pocket. (7.5k for 6 months, which is a giant relief from the 19.5k for 6 months the earlier gym was quoting) and exceeding my expectations in terms of equipment, trainers and general ambience. P-h-e-w and double p-h-e-w.

Some semblance of discipline has been infused into otherwise disorderly lifestyle. Home-office-home-gym-home. is the new routine. I passed up a movie with The Brat since I had gym last evening. In case you've noticed, A will hereafter be renamed the brat owing to cheeky behaviour, which I secretly find cute, but dont tell him I said so. [One of his favorite jokes all of last week was 'Its almost as though I signed up for a Mercedes Benz, but got a Maruti 800] The cars in question here, being a reference to me :/ And also the poor dear is having to work on some new Business with a girl he used to find cute insisting that she 'might' ask him to discuss it over dinner and he wont be able to refuse. Professionally of course :\ he's just enjoying the slight possesiveness Im displaying for the first time. Im trying to be my usual cool and unruffled self but even Im not perfect. [Who Would've thought].

On the first day of gym, measurements were taken. Owing to a previously rigorous routine of uninterrupted gym for 3 years, I used to be pretty well turned out. Until the last year of course. I shuddered as measurements increased their way to 2 inches EVERYWHERE. <woe is me>
I almost passed out when I had to hold this thingamajig to measure BMR which oscillated dangerously between 'Muscular' and 'Latent Obesity' and it finally decided 'Latent Obesity'. I know. Im diagnosed with the 'Indian Woman Syndrome' the ever loving Pear shape. Just a year ago that damn needle would settle on the other one, oscillation-less. Top it off with this website with its words of wisdom and I quote "Finally, you should know that losing weight will not change your pear-shaped body - it will only make you a smaller pear"

In line with other gym related funnies, I saw my liftman wearing ONE gym glove while operating the lift. He's an unofficial liftman and currently arrives in jeans and t shirts, and is not yet given a uniform (My buildings new rememeber). I was wondering why the man was sporting one glove, that too a gym glove nonetheless. That was before I realized (2 days later) that I had only one glove in my bag, and had probably dropped it in the building :/ Im wondering if i ought to surreptitiously drop the other glove that i have so that At least one of us has a complete set!

The (free) Dieticians appointment was also a laugh riot, reminiscent of college days. I was already confused when the floor manager asked FIVE of us to go a small cabin and wait. I was under the impression that a diet plan will be made etc and just out of curiousity, I stayed. After being ushered into the cabin, a sweet gentleman walks in with a bunch of papers stapled together and after a few minutes of introduction begins to read out from the pages. Things like what is the definition of Fitness, Nutrition. NO, THE EXACT DEFINITION. I couldnt control the idea of sitting through 5 pages of a monologue while i could easily spend that time killing myself over leg curls and squats and spent the first 10 minutes of the lecture snickering in a badly disguised fashion.
Im given to laugh uncontrollably in extremely embarassing situations so yesterday's situation of snickering away to glory on the poor mans face was a cakewalk. I am tottering around with a slight limp after being delivered one tight kick under the table by B, a friend and colleague who also comes to gym.

17 comments:

Mumbai Diva said...

haha i know. I'm also trying to be a smaller pear.

you're such an enjoyable read.

Aniket said...

I started of with Project Gajini in january only to fail in mid March. When my PM assigned me a time sensitive report to run daily in the evening. Dayum. Now here I am stuck in this cell.

All the best to you. Show A what a wonderful Ferrari you are. :D

perplexed said...

I have joined and quit my gym 7 times! and all in a span of 2 years! I am pathetic that way! :(

ROTFL @ "Its almost as though I signed up for a Mercedes Benz, but got a Maruti 800" :D !

Hopeless Romantic said...

happy gyming !...enjoy !

do visit..tk care!
amit

Goofy Mumma said...

All the best with working out at the new gym. I am the completely unhealthy apple type.... and am so jealous of you pear types.

snow said...

hehehe probably you should drop the other glove too.. i second Aniket, show The Brat what a sleek Bentley Continental you are :D

eye-in-sty-in said...

Even you have a B! Should I find another letter 4 u now!!!
Funny!

Kamana said...

plz plz plz cud u tell me which gym is this?

The Geekie said...

the glove thing was hilarious :D

i joined gym this year but gave up...i cudnt wake up @ 7am :P


same here too
signed for Benz...got a Ambassador finally :D

Just call me 'A' said...

yipee on the gym. getting into a good gym at a good price is like getting into a good college.

i say you give the other glove to the lift man :)

Jass said...

//Im wondering if i ought to surreptitiously drop the other glove that i have so that At least one of us has a complete set!

Hilarious! :D

Happy gymming!

Iya said...

love this big pear small pear thingy.. i use to be a small pear and i was unhappy, and then i became a big pear and am still unhappy..god know how i wish to be a small pear again..

Iya said...

and with that i blogrolled u.

ani_aset said...

lovely read :), enjoyed it

Serendipity said...

Hi Mumbai Diva :) lol. I dont see how your a pear in the first place..:D

Ani - thanks for the encouragement!!! :D

@Pplxd! come on girl, join join!

Hi Amit - thanks!

Hi GoofyMumma - :) thanks

YoSnow - I gave it to him!!

Serendipity said...

@EISI - Arey, actually shes a T. I randomly typed B. :D cause thats the start of the

Heyy Kamana - left you the info on your blog.. :) Gimme a holler if your ever there

Hi Geekie - oho!! re-join. and dont let go. :) say hi to the Ambassador.

@Just call me A - Gave it !!

Hi Jass - :D thankee

Hey Iya - thanks! I enjoy your space as well.

Hi Ani_Aset - thankee :D

jim said...

christian louboutin
boots
high heels
womens boots
heels
women's shoes
knee boots
women's boots
black shoes
boots shoes
new shoes
high boots
black boots
manolo
Chloe
christian
----------------------------------------------
christian shoes
manolo blahnik
giuseppe zanotti
miu miu
christian louboutin pumps
christian shoes spring 2010
salvatore ferragamo
jimmy choo
choo shoes
christian louboutin shoes
christian louboutin pumps
manolo sale
blanhnik shoes
miu miu shoes
knee high boots
thigh high boots
knee high
pumps shoes
red shoes
brown shoes
leather shoes
louboutin size shoes
black leather shoes
leather shoes boots
designer shoes
women's sandals