Thursday, February 21, 2008
While on the subject, two really insane Football games were watched by one. Saturday night MANU - Arsenal (4-0)(actually this was less of a game and more of a pulverisation). and today Barca vs Celtic. (3-2). While the former was dominated by MANU from the start (2-0 in 20 mins), and (3-0) by half time, todays game Barca vs Celtic was seriously thrilling to watch.
I got home in time to watch the re-run... When i turned on the TV it was 2-2, (Barca - Henry and Messi) Celtic (dont know the spellings of the two fellas lol). BUT WHAT A GAME! Although Barca dominated the game throughout (80-85% ball possession, 500 passes completed) the second half, it was still a delight to watch considering the BRILLIANT footwork by Ronaldinho, Messi, Henry, Deco (substitued in the second half, think 10 mins before time).
Touch and go touch and go seemed to be the strategy for Barcelona, no player retained the ball for too long, the passes were well manoeuvered and even better executed, Celtic did not stand a chance. Also, the Celtic uniform reminded me of a little boys sailor unniform in green stripes instead of blue :) They also have a player called Mc Donald btw! (why would u name your kid that?!)
Messi had another goal in the 79th minute, very very well done. Honorable mention to Thierry Henry who managed to cut past the Celtic defenders and reach clear to receive some beautiful cross'es delivered to him, but were well saved by the goalkeeper. (in usual style, he also tried getting some free kicks etc which didnt really work. i hate when he behaves like a whiny footballer, he did the same in the World cup as well %^&*$##%^)
Ronaldinho has had a good season so far, albeit injury ridden. 8 games 6 goals. he can do better...he too was substitued in the second half, but after some really fancy footwork and outstanding runing.
Truly worth my one hour I'd say.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
For those of you who dont know where this is from, KILL yourself. Ill give only one tiny hint. AWESOME movie, and Samuel L Jackson says it. Any guesses?
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Bought me looney tunes band aids who KNOWS I stub my toes and walk into furniture as a routine
Is as patient as a cow
Is always there to fall back on, without me knowing it
Puts up with all my antics
Actually UNDERSTANDS the logic I put into things, and agrees with me.
Lets me rant ON and ON about some silly thing and listens
Lets me tell him the SAME story 3 times and still listens
Is clearly VERY good at listening
Wraps each gift separately
Knows I suck and wont send him anything and wont be mad about it
Understands how small things are big things for me, and pretends they’re as big
Hears me say something stupid, keeps silent for a minute and then bursts out laughing
Calls me Betty Cooper cos of allll the reasons
Encouraged me like HELL to grow my hair
Convinced me I could grow out of being a tomboy and to help started calling me ‘young lady’ in all greetings
Understands that I need MUCH MUCH more space of my own than normal people and just LETS ME BE!
Is actually wayyy nicer than me, but tells me otherwise
Asks me double negative questions on purpose cos he knows, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, I cant answer ‘em.
Has named his (non existent) dog ‘Edward Longshanks’
Has 234576849 GB of questionable material on his hard drive and then acts sheepish about it.
I just realized im gonna run out of bullet points and still have tones to say, but for the meantime… Happy Birthday Jack. I hope you have a blast! The ONLY areas of improvement I see for you are -
STOP asking me double-negative questions
Send me more gifts he he
STOP naming non existent dogs. Else before I know it, your gonna pretend to take them out for walks and then it’ll just get freaky.
Be MORE excited for birthdays! This nonchalant ‘ah whats there’ attitude will get you nowhere!
Friday, February 15, 2008
However it wouldve been nice to see her looking slightly nicer, with hair that actually looked combed and pants that did'nt look two sizes bigger. Let me not start on a certain co-star in When Harry met Sally (but if i had to start, i dint know whose hair looked worse).
Given all her bad choices in moppy hair and floppy pants, i still like her. She has that naive, girl next door, 'i believe in Prince Charming' [pls notice the use of Caps denoting proper noun], 'there ought to be fireworks and lightning' kind of look. Her character in Sleepless in Seattle? A BIG part of me. In Pursuit of magic and fireworks and the 'SIGN'!
Another man whose hand i want to shake simply for being such a fine judge of good movies to star in - Tom Hanks. Id say just about Average looks, below average hair (and a totally receding hairline), but the man has starred in some of my favorite movies! Forrest Gump, Cast away, Sleepless in Seattle [which ahem, I watched yesterday which is why this Meg-Ryan-Tom-Hanks euphoria. Thank you HBO for caring for us dateless souls :) ], You got mail, and SOOOO many more.
While on the topic, a few more people i like and why :)
- Actor who played the most believable blind guy imitation - Al Pacino, Scent of a woman
- Most innocent looking Male actor - Chris O Donell
- Hottest Bald men - Vin Diesel and Colin Farrell
- Director with movies i KNOW ill love - Martin Scorcese
- Most versatile actor - (among many) Will Smith. the man acts and sings and dances and raps and does charity and is a loving doting husband and looks N-I-C-E and has that cute african-american accent
I have a LOT other categories, but they all somehow start with "Hottest..." Hence, this is the right time to terminate this blog post. :):) Any more nominations?
Thursday, February 14, 2008
- If your a woman, reading this AND getting mad at me, then you probably have some or all qualities ive spoken about, hence getting defensive and angry. I apologise for bringing your problems to the fore, but if you can take my advice, nothing like it :)
- If your a woman , and thinking 'Exactly!' or 'serendipity u hit the nail on the head' then, CONTACT ME!
- If your a man and getting mad at me, then join the gang. Im always pissing off people.
- If your a man and NOT getting mad at me, and want to marry me (thank you Aditya!), then again, join the gang. as you can see, women like this are highly desirable. and errr modest.
And oh, the usual. The post was not meant to hurt feelings of ANYBODY, had no connection with anyone living or dead, specially anyone in my life. For any feelings that were evoked whilst reading the post, kindly refer to the bullet points above. And, Happy Valentines day!!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
I wrote an entire blog post yesterday, which for some reason did not get saved, nor posted. I'm saddd. Anyhoo, moving on to what it was actually about. Women. Yes one of those. But, in a different flavor.
A hanging out session with a few (male) friends over the weekend just put a few things into perspective. Albeit, things i already knew and live my life by, and wished more women implemented in theirs. It could make life so much easier for poor men whom we keep cursing cos they're such easy targets.
- First up, your not a victim always! so stop behaving like one. I HATE women who think they're poor little helpless darlings who've been heartbroken by a cruel callous guy. I'm sorry, im of the opinion that a guy will only treat you the way you LET him treat you, and if he's not treating you right, or taking you for granted then you probably have you lack of self esteem or assertion to blame. If your dating, your as responsible for the downfall of the relationship as he is, so if he's the bad guy, your a b***h too. Accept it, and DEAL WITH IT.
- Secondly, if he's dumped you, MOVE ON. If he was interested in you, he wouldnt have dumped you in the first place. Pining for him and following him around with a sulky face will ONLY remind him of how he's glad he dumped you! My advice - find someone else! If you cant, gather your dignity, preserve and wait for the right guy. YOUR NOT GONNA DIE IF YOUR SINGLE.
- Thirdly, when did a guy being in your life make things better? BEING SINGLE IS THERAPEUTIC!
- Fourthly, dont take ALL your problems, add them up and then screw up everything cos 'poor me, my boyfriends acting up, work sucks, health sucks, i cut my toe yadayada'. Compartmentalise your problems! like ye- talk to the boyfriend, figure our things. put a bandaid on the toe, concentrate a little more at work and lesser on all the doom that (apparently) surrounds you and that should get better.
- Dont let your hormones get in the way. Im guessing this point is a waste of a bullet point cos seriously. Women, not being hormonal? kabhi nahi :)
- If you have a fight with him, dont mess up the day cos 'OMG you JUST cant concentrate' Seriously, being a woman, if i had to meet a guy whose ENTIRE day focussed around me, i would FLIP. Let alone poor men who can barely take care of themselves knowing a woman is busy not eating her lunch cos he's not called... is sure fire drive him away. Do you really want him to pity you? I'd kill myself if he guy i dated or ANYONE for that matter pitied me. Why would you want anyone to think your too weak to deal with something?
- If you or your boyfriend want to talk/meet all the time, then you got a problem. While i think its nice as initial euphoria, there is a point in time where i would like him to have certain activities im not a part of . gymming maybe, or music, or a boys night out drinking, and I'd have a life of my own too. Learn not to OVERLAP each and every aspect of your lives!
- Like there are women brokenhearted over that 'one love of their life' men have that one woman too, its just that they dont express it that much cos APPARENTLY its not very MACHO. However, certain conversations will reveal that men in fact, have that one woman they would do anything for, and would make them see the world in a new light. Its just that they dont harp about it like women do.
Men are not as bad as we women make them out to be, They're caring (sometimes) and sensible (sometimes) and have the most awesome shoulders to cry on (if reqd) and dont cry at the drop of a hat, so would (probably) make good decisions in crisis situations.
They're also extremely patient when it comes to dealing with us women and our Days :) Like they say, cant live with 'em, cant live without!
Think i was a man in my last life :)