Friday, June 22, 2007

Chocolates and wine and everything nice

I think every blog should have a "favourite things in the whole world" post. so here's mine. in NO order.
  • Brownies
  • walks in the rain
  • Drives in the rain
  • Pigeons on Marine drive
  • Jude Law
  • Talking to street kids - not only do some of them have really nice names, but they have the most innovative things to play with too
  • Music - listening to it on my old discman, jogging at the woods thinking distant thoughts.
  • The sea - think this should've been point 1 - ive grown up beside it, lived beside it. there;s nothign about the sea i dont love - the waves, the spray, the tides, the way the moon reflects. there've been countless times that ive tried to take a picture but failed miserably. its somethign ill have to be content with keeping in my mind.
  • Hugs. think this is the ULTIMATE cure for any kind of feelign sad.
  • Moms. shes not one person shes many.
  • Chick flicks with Pizza and Pepsi in Pyjamas. though ive done it once - 5 movies back to back (Dirty Dancing, Love actually, Meet joe black, Bridget Jones diary 1 & 2 - till 5 a.m.), it was one of the most fun nights ever. we women are so gullible... specially women like me who have stars in their eyes. love shove and prince charming and kisses under the stars and what not.
  • shopping, OMG im so glad i could put it so far down in the order.
  • holding hands. its that feeling of being held and belonging. even if its my dads. men have such nice big comforting hands and shoulders. maybe god took into consideration that we women cry a lot.
  • Compliments
  • Cheesecake. any flavor. though recently its Mango
  • little girls with pigtails playing oranges and lemons.
  • my little brother. someone once asked me why i dont have a pet and mean ol me said "i have my brother" for this im not sorry, but i love him so :)
  • Roald Dahl - Jack and the beanstalk won me a prize in an interschool poetry compettion
  • Horses.
  • lying down face up in my room
  • Finger rings
  • BIRTHDAYS! I adore birthdays especially mine! :) being queen for a day is FUN FUN FUN. I'd mention how much in advance i begin my countdown but im embarassed :)
  • Maroon 5
  • Free stuff/discounts/Sales!! we women LIVE for such stuff.
  • Being told im right. specially by men. which is mostly the case
  • GIFTS!
  • Bullet points
  • Photographs. memories. moments. archiving them in my mind is not always possible.
  • Chaai
  • Bags - Big, Large yummy totes
  • Shoes!
  • Pay day
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Talking (no guesses here?)

I feel like im getting out of the mood to be able to do any productive work so i better end this post NOW. more later. im building up for one of my fav topics "the great male female divide".watch this space!

2 comments:

The Nomad said...

I like this post and it was one of the ideas i also had in my mind to put up a favs post :) And it came because i kept humming 'these are a few of my fav. things' since morning.

We'll talk about the stability thing further ... i do agree with what you said. And i said its not for you coz you are someone who seeks and is excited by new,doesnt run from it.

Abhishek said...

I also believe...Hugs are a cure for all sorts of feelings!!! They work the best!!!!