Sunday, April 11, 2010

What I did this summer!

Wednesday, 7th April - Mumbai - Chennai

Thursday, 8th April Chennai - Delhi

Friday, 9th April Delhi - Kolkata

Saturday, 1oth April - Kolkata - Mumbai

3 days, 3 cities. Was madnessly tiring but fun as a concept. Only wish I had done the 'Golden Quadrilateral' by road and not air. Had to since was travelling on work. The highlights of the trip...

  • The last flight back home was half an hour late, and this was the most on time I got anywhere, averaging between an hour to and hour and half late.
  • Kolkata was 41'c!
  • I ate 4 meals by myself and hence the eating alone at a place phobia has been overcome.
  • I broke a plate at the buffet :/
  • Creepy guy on the flight said he'd add me on facebook. I therefore proceeded to misspell my last name.
  • Lived with her at Kolkata! YAY! :)
  • It turned dark at 6.30 p.m. in the evening at Kolkata whereas Chennai and Delhi were bright as sunshine!
  • I saw a TRAM at Kolkata!

16 comments:

The Depressed Doormat said...

Why are there pictures of hotel rooms for madras and delhi? Pfft.

Scarlett said...

Kolkata was 41 celcius PLUS 95% humidity!! And you went to Park Street!! And wait till you come to Cal in the winters...the weather is awesome - much colder than Bombay ever gets - but it gets dark by 5pm!!

snow said...

wow, this is a super cool concept, Golden Quadrilateral, neat! must be tiring but so.much.fun. :)

The knife said...

I used choose room service vs eating alone while travelling...then hardly travelled after I began food blogging

Utopia said...

You went to my city as in Kolkata. That is bang opposite Park hotel nooo?:-)

karan a said...

Were you trying to beat lalit modi in terms of travelling various cities??? lol...

佩昭彥怡 said...

我又來看你囉~加油^^ 祝你天天順利開心..............................

Piper .. said...

heyy... have to come back later to read up and comment. Am at DC right now, with a connection that sucks big time! In fact I`m not even sure this will go through. Anyway, just wanted to know when you`ll be arriving in the US and where??? I so want to meet up too :):)
And btw, hats off to you for trotting around in boiling point temperatures!!

eye-in-sty-in said...

Nice cool concept.. just for kicks?

dipali said...

Wish I'd known you were coming to Kolkata:(

Aniket said...

Okay you should must must and heres a Must with a capitol M, read this post from one of my friends:

http://lyricsandmaladies.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-to-dine-alone-without-feeling.html

RussDuckett0601蕙帆 said...

不要小看自己,因為自己有限的可能......................................................

muthu said...

Quite a trip....

hmhm... If you ask me.. Too fast to taste anything but then, it seems that you do have a taste 4 it .. What say ??

惠IdellA_Fecteau1231蘋 said...

你不能左右天氣,但你可以改變心情......................................................

義珊 said...

不只BLOG內容很棒留言也很精采 XDDDD.........................

The Dude said...

thats a pretty intense few days! I hope you have a better time in the days ahead.